Apple cider vinegar can be used for numerous purposes, including in cooking and homemade salad dressings, for weight loss or immune support, and even for cleaning! Aside from these uses, it can also be used in many DIY beauty products. It is very inexpensive and can be very effective! However, avoid using it to wash your face as it can cause peeling and inflamed skin!
The quality of apple cider vinegar can vary- from grocery store brand to high quality unfiltered and organize Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar. You often get what you pay for, so use your own judgement. Here are some other uses for apple cider vinegar:
1) Toner- a few tablespoons ACV in some water will leave you with a smooth face!
2) Clarifying hair rinse- distilling vinegar with water. This doesn’t strip bottled color or leave hair very dry. Instead, you will be left with super shiny and smooth hair. This really helps with product buildup.
3) ACV foot soak- a mixture of baking soda and apple cider vinegar. After this soak, your feet will be easily filed down and much softer and smoother!
4) Add a few tablespoons to herbal tea and bottles of water during the day for improved digestion and glowing skin! It even adds a hint of sweetness to your water!
5) Mix apple cider vinegar and baking soda for a tooth whitener! Brush your teeth with the mixture to help remove stains from tea and coffee.
6) Facial scrub from baking soda and ACV. Leave on for a few minutes and then wash your face thoroughly with a clarifying cleanser like one from Lira.
7) Combine ACV and baking soda in a small bowl and soak your nails for about 15 minutes. Rinse and dry, then use lemon juice and a toothbrush to buff any remaining stains from nail polish off your nails. This is a new level of brightened nails!
Apple cider vinegar contains many vitamins, potassium and calcium, all of which are beneficial for your whole body. It can be used to treat many different beauty concerns. To learn more great ways to care for your skin, and find beauty products that are both good for you and effective, check out our online shop of Lira products or come visit our Old Town Fort Collins location!